Yesterday was one of those perfect days where you just fall into bed sleepy and satisfied. Even the bub. The weather had been scorching hot for the end of June, but this week brought a relief in temperature. Derick is off for two whole weeks for Summer shutdown. With temperatures in the 50s we were able to get out and do some much needed yard work. A recent string of thunderstorms has caused our garden to blossom, both with vegetables and weeds. I converted the wagon into a bed for Ian and wheeled him around with me. We have a stroller, but he doesn't seem to like sitting in it too well. Possibly the enclosed sides or the straps bother him. He loved sitting in the soft wagon-bed under the shade of the tree. (The heavy-duty plastic Radio Flyer wagon was a $5 steal at a garage sale we found just before Ian was born.) There was a nice cool breeze and he dozed happily. Dad was able to clean out the garage, till up some flower beds, and remove an ugly fence post from the front yard. Mom was able to weed a little, prune the zucchini and tomato plants, and put up a trellis for the cucumbers. Our garden has grown wonderfully this year. We put in garlic, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, corn, green beans, snap peas, melons, and an array of herbs. Everything is taking off. Later in the day Mom and the bub dozed together in the hammock. (Another great find for $20 at Goodwill.)
Other news this week:
Yes, I turned 30 on Monday. I spent it taking Derick to have his wisdom teeth removed and nursing him in his Vicoden induced stupor. He is healing well. A year or so ago, I was dreading turning 30. I had not yet accomplished any of the goals I had had for my twenties, namely, getting married, having children, and finishing my degree. Like the true procrastinator that I am, I got them all in just under the wire. Bring on the third decade!
6 comments:
happy birthday...and congratualations of the array of accomplishments; you've been a busy girl. so glad all the hard work and effort worked out so well. procrasination notwithstanding, it seems good things DO come to those who wait...and in your case, VERY good things!
love you...kiss your boys for me!
sharry...
#5 Aunty Shelley
Happy! Happy Birthday! I was tired just reading all that you were doing and with a new babe, I take my hat off to you sweetheart. Yeah isn't the releif so much more intense after procratinating and then just meeting the deadline HAAAAaaaa!!!! Love you all ShelleyXOXO
Ian is SO cute! I love the video!
Happy Birthday!!!
He is so alert! Loving those big, curious eyes!
Congrats on your 30th! Of course you know I turned the week before you. Doesn't bother me too much.I don't mind getting older, as long as I don't have to do it alone.
PS Waiting for a pic of you and baby napping in hammock!
hiariana
cute
photos
Post a Comment